Serves 6. Prep time: 15 minutes active; 30 minutes total.
- 2 tablespoons Field Day olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 3 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 15-ounce can Woodstock diced tomatoes
- 4 cups Field Day vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 15-ounce can Field Day Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can Field Day pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can Field Day kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots, parsnips and garlic and sauté 5 to 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes, broth and herbs and bring to a boil. Add the beans, reduce heat to simmer and cook 20 to 30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Stir in the spinach and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm.
Reprinted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find articles about your food and where it comes from, recipes and a whole lot more at www.strongertogether.coop.