Prior to opening our storefront, Mariposa Food Co-op operated as a buying club where our owners used their collective buying power to order cases of good, healthy food at a discount. Today, Mariposa owners save an extra 10% on case quantities of any product our distributors carry.
How to place a special order
Orders can be placed in store or over the phone. To browse our catalog, please ask a member of our staff for assistance. You will be notified when your order arrives. If you need your order by a specific day, please communicate this with our staff.
How large is a case?
The typical case size is 6 or 12 items. Items that don’t come by the case vary according to product, for example:
- Herbs and spices: 1 pound
- Bulk Coffee: 5 pounds
- Meat: 10 pounds
- Bulk Grains & Beans: 25 pounds
- Health & Wellness items: 3 items
Sale item orders will receive the greater of the two discounts and must be placed before the sale ends. Co+op Basics may be ordered in bulk but will not receive an additional discount. A greater order quantity may be required for products we do not stock on our shelves.
We encourage owners to pick up special orders as soon as possible. Due to limited storage space and the perishable nature of some products, we follow a strict re-stocking schedule.
- Groceries and nonperishable items will be restocked 14 days after they arrive.
- Perishables (refrigerated and frozen items) will be restocked 7 days after they arrive.
- Produce, meats, and seafood will be restocked 3-5 days after delivery, depending on the product.