So easy and so delicious, this simplicity of this bruschetta accentuates the freshness of the tomatoes and herbs.
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pound roma tomatoes, seeded and diced 1 red onion, diced 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preparation Preheat oven to 375° F. In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients together. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, basil, and parsley. Toss with dressing. Slice baguette into 1" slices, place the slices on a baking sheet and bake until bread is lightly toasted, about three minutes. Top each slice with the tomato mixture and serve.
Tips & Notes For a garlicky version, rub the toasted bread slices with 2 peeled garlic cloves before topping with the tomato mixture.