This chutney makes a fantastic seasonal bruschetta. It’s also a terrific topping for curried fish filets and fish tacos.
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and diced honeydew melon
- 1 1/2 cups seeded and diced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt to taste
In a large bowl, stir together all of the ingredients, tasting for salt. Refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving.
This chutney makes a fantastic seasonal bruschetta, spread on crusty baguette slices sprinkled with salty feta cheese and extra mint. Or add a spoonful or two to curried fish filets or fish tacos for a fresh summer flavor.
Reprinted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find articles about your food and where it comes from, recipes and a whole lot more at www.strongertogether.coop.