This holiday season, we're partnering with Sankofa Farms, People’s Emergency Center, and Little Baby's Ice Cream to promote giving back this holiday season. Learn more about our donation drives below.
Sankofa Farm at Bartram’s Garden
Located at Bartram’s Garden, Sankofa Farm is a teaching farm that provides Mariposa with local, chemical-free product throughout the year (remember those beautiful cherry tomatoes we had last summer?!) Donate to Sankofa Farms at our register or online through December 31st.
Your generosity will have a direct and immediate impact:
- Providing stipends for the roughly 20 high school students who are hired to tend the farm and run the farmstands each year
- Offering supplies and workshops for our 50 community gardeners, many of whom are elderly or recent immigrants
- Sustaining the year-round youth development curriculum, including lessons on nutrition and kitchen skills, African heritage, food justice, and leadership
- Welcoming more than 10,000 schoolchildren to our outdoor classroom each year
- And helping the farm grow and distribute more than 15,000 pounds of fresh, organic produce each year.
Donate to Sankofa Farms online or at our register through December 31st.
Mentrual Care Drive
We're collecting menstrual care products, including pads, tampons, menstrual cups, to be donated to those in need through People’s Emergency Center. Donate unopened or opened boxes and menstrual care products in store through Sunday, December 31st.
Socks & Undie Drive
Mariposa is a drop spot for Little Baby’s Ice Cream second annual sock & undie drive. Donate multipacks of socks and underwear (m, l, xl appreciated) in store through December 23rd. Multipacks must be unopened and new.