Total Time: 15 to 25 minutes
Servings: Approximately 2 dozen cookies
If you love eggnog (and even if you don't), the delightful aroma and flavor of cinnamon and nutmeg make these perfect holiday treats.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy, then add egg, vanilla and eggnog; mix well. When liquid mixture is combined, add the flour mixture and stir until well blended.
- Roll dough to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut with cookie cutter. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Or roll dough into balls and slightly press on to an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8-12minutes (depending on thickness) or until golden brown on the edges.
Authored by Organic Valley and Simply Organic. Reprinted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find articles about your food and where it comes from, recipes and a whole lot more at www.strongertogether.coop