Ways we Give Back
Mariposa is dedicated to supporting our community by donating to organizations that promote health and nutrition, social justice, anti-oppression, and grassroots community involvement. We typically donate gift cards ranging from $20-$50 to support events hosted by community groups and occasionally sponsor a local event.
Now Accepting Applicants for Round-Up for Change!
Mariposa Food Co-op’s newest initiative, Round-up for Change, allows us to financially support Philly-based organizations, causes, and community groups all year-long thanks to our member-owners and shoppers!
How does it work?
It’s easy! Shoppers simply “round-up” their purchase to the nearest dollar amount, then the Co-op donates the extra change to a different organization or group, each month.
Who receives the donations?
Mariposa will be focused on giving back to Philly organizations/groups and causes whose objectives include one of the following:
- Promotes nutritious foods and healthy diets.
- Promotes food justice and/or social justice.
- Encourages environmental responsibility.
- Serves as a cooperative organization.
- Serves Mariposa’s immediate neighborhood and community
- Supports local education initiatives.
- Promotes and contributes to urban agriculture and/or the local food economy.
- Promotes grassroots, community organizing and development.
How can groups apply?
Applications will be accepted now through Monday, August 13th. Round-Up for Change will launch September 1st!