Ways we Give Back
Mariposa is dedicated to supporting our community by donating to organizations that promote health and nutrition, social justice, anti-oppression, and grassroots community involvement. We typically donate gift cards ranging from $20-$50 to support events hosted by community groups and occasionally sponsor a local event.
Round-Up for Change Monthly Donations
Mariposa Food Co-op’s newest initiative, Round-up for Change, allows us to financially support Philly-based organizations, causes, and community groups all year-long thanks to our member-owners and shoppers! Recipeients will be announced by the end of August and Round-Up for Change will launch September 1st!
How does it work?
It’s easy! Shoppers simply “round-up” their purchase to the nearest dollar amount, then the Co-op donates the extra change to a different organization or group, each month.
Who receives the donations?
Mariposa will be focused on giving back to Philly organizations/groups and causes whose objectives include one of the following:
- Promotes nutritious foods and healthy diets.
- Promotes food justice and/or social justice.
- Encourages environmental responsibility.
- Serves as a cooperative organization.
- Serves Mariposa’s immediate neighborhood and community
- Supports local education initiatives.
- Promotes and contributes to urban agriculture and/or the local food economy.
- Promotes grassroots, community organizing and development.
How can groups apply?
Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2018-2019 cycle. If you are interested in learning more about the application process, please follow the link below. We will review current applicants through the end of August and will announce recipients by the end of the month. Round-Up for Change will launch September 1st!