Mariposa Food Co-op provides donations in support of organizations striving to create a better community. Donations are typically provided in the form of Co-op gift cards, which can be used to purchase goods for your event, such as door prizes or auction items. Mariposa will occasionally consider requests for event sponsorship ads (program books, etc.)
Mariposa requests that you use our name and logo in your publicity for the event whenever possible (we can provide logo to use).
Please review the donations eligibility requirements and guidelines below before submitting a request. We ask that you give us your request at least 3 weeks in advance, although we can occasionally accommodate requests in a shorter time frame.
Applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis from a limited monthly fund. Groups must be nonpartisan and nondiscriminatory. Preference is given to organizations local to West Philly or organizations acting for Philadelphia as a whole.
Your organization’s primary objective must be one of the following:
- Promotes nutritious foods and diets
- Promotes food justice and/or social justice
- Environmental responsibility
- Running a cooperative organization
- Serves Mariposa Food Co-op’s neighborhood and community
- Supports education initiatives
- Promotes urban agriculture and/or local food economy
WE WILL NOT CONSIDER DONATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING CAUSES:
- Political groups that endorse candidates that do not align with Mariposa’s values
- Third-party fundraisers
- Fraternal groups
- Mariposa does not donate for religious purposes, but programs of religious organizations may qualify.
Although we would like to support every worthwhile cause, due to the volume of applications we receive and limited budgets, it is not possible to fulfill or respond to every request. Past support of an organization or event is not a guarantee of future support.