Creamy and crunchy this salad is packed with protein. Enjoy by itself or stuffed in a whole wheat pita. If you don’t have green goddess dressing on hand, substitute your favorite dressing.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup packed thinly shredded kale
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup slivered red onions
- 1/4 cup green goddess salad dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, kale, cherry tomatoes and red onions. Pour the green goddess dressing over the mixture and toss to coat.
- Grind fresh black pepper over it all and mix, then taste and add salt if desired. Serve immediately, or store, tightly covered for up to a week in the refrigerator.
This salad is also delicious wrapped in a tortilla or stuffed in a whole wheat pita. If you don’t have green goddess dressing on hand, substitute your favorite dressing.