Banana whips are a staple of West Philly's biannual Dollar Strolls. Skip the lines and make your own banana whip at home by following these simple steps.
- One bunch of fair trade, organic bananas
- Chocolate, coconut, or whatever you like as a topping
Please note, you will need a juicer to create a creamy, ice cream-like consistency.
- Peel and freeze bananas for at least 12 hours.
- When you're ready to make your banana whips, thaw your bananas for a few minutes. Thawing the bananas makes them easier to cut.
- Slice the bananas in half.
- Push two halves of a banana through a juicer. One half - two thirds of a banana makes a 4 oz banana whip.
- Top with chocolate, coconut, or whatever you please.