Holiday gatherings don’t need to be elaborate or stressful. Whether you’re entertaining a couple or a crowd, Mariposa is here to help. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
How much food will you need?
These general guidelines will help you plan the correct amount of food to make or purchase.
Set out a tray or two of snacks before the main meal; it’s a great way to welcome guests.
- Fresh dates served with a spiced, roasted nut mix
- Artisanal cheese tray of local cheeses, with fine flatbread crackers and crostini
- Crispy raw vegetables and a selection of dips, like soft chevre blended with herbs, hummus with a swirl of fresh or prepared pesto, or garlicky aioli
- Meat or veggie paté, sausage bites, cooked shrimp and smoked fish with spicy mustard sauce and baguette slices
An alternative (or addition) to the traditional pie makes for a memorable ending.
- Homemade brownies topped with mint or vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
- A selection of chocolate truffles served with freshly-baked cookies
- Warm brie glazed with apricot preserves and sprinkled with toasted pecans or walnuts