The classic Green Goddess dressing has a hint of anchovy for umami, but if you want to leave it out, you can. Top with cooked chicken or ham for a main course salad. Double the amounts in the dressing ingredients to make extra for salads throughout the week.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small anchovy (optional)
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh parsley
- 2 medium scallions, white and green parts separated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 ounces baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- In the food processor, combine the garlic, anchovy (if using), parsley and the white parts of the scallions. Process to mince very finely. Scrape down and process again. Add the tarragon, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and salt and process until smooth. With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil until well mixed. Transfer to a pouring cup or jar; keeps for four days, tightly covered, in the refrigerator.
- For the salad, spread the spinach on a platter or four small dinner plates. Cover with cucumber and avocado, and drizzle with dressing, then chop and sprinkle the scallion greens over the salads. Serve immediately.
Reprinted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find articles about your food and where it comes from, recipes and a whole lot more at www.strongertogether.coop